Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Right Track


 

Our Royal Event activities continued today with our Tracks for Tina 5K that I mentioned last week. Now I can show you my t-shirt design. Ta-da!

I was happy with it and even happier that we had so many people signed up to get one. We were a bit nervous when just two days ago the forecast still called for Saturday morning rain and storms. Somehow that switched to a nice, very warm day with no rain at all. Yet. It's coming tonight and tomorrow instead so tomorrow's activities will be impacted. Glad the Tina Livernash Memorial Scholarship 5K survived unscathed.

We did more than survive. Tracks for Tina is on the right "Track." We had probably 20 more participants than last year. Getting close to 100 between walkers and runners, which is so awesome for this very personal and important fundraising effort.

Before the race, I helped with setup and did registration. Since I was also assisting with timing/results at the end, I wasn't able to run or walk it, but I got a few photos anyway.

Here is the group taking off at the sound of the start signal.

Hey, I know this handsome man coming down the finishing shoot!

After the race, the distribution of goody bags, the awarding of medals and cleanup, it was time to thank our many sponsors. Well, 3 at least. We made our rounds to several establishments – the Square Bar, Danny K's Pub & Grille, and Bulldogs Bar to express our appreciation.

When the 20 of us – family and friends – got to Anchor Bay later, we had a long, long wait to eat our lunch. After some maneuvering, they got us seated and fed. Good food. Good friends. Good times.

By the time I got home, I needed a nap. I rested a bit but didn't sleep. Finally found enough umption in my gumption to clean / organize my office a bit. I am starting to see the surface of the desk. Ha. Threw some stuff, recycled some and have a Goodwill box going. This is more than an hour process. But I had no energy to go longer.

Will hit the sack early tonight since we have some more work to do at the Royal Event tomorrow. It's mainly a eat and shop and eat and drink and play and eat. Did I mention food? Stop by the German booth for some good Black Forest Torte or something like that. There are two desserts and both are yummy. Though I am sure I will find my way to the cheesecake booth.

Did I mention the diet starts Monday?

Eventually, I'll be on the right track!


No comments: