Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Making Tracks



I just finished the final T-shirt design for the Assumption Royal Event 5K Fun Run / Walk in support of the Tina Livernash Memorial Scholarship. This is actually the original logo I created for the event. This year, I incorporated some elements of that, but you'll have to show up at the race to see it!

How's that for incentive?

The race (if you want it timed) takes place soon – Saturday, May 16, at Assumption High School. This is part of the 3-day annual fundraiser that includes everything from bands and dunk tanks to the 5K and kids game to raffles, beer, cheese curds and cheesecake. It's a great place to be ALL weekend!

The 5K, though, is special. I didn't just get involved with it because I do design work in my "free" time. Tina is a cousin of my BFF Christine. She started the scholarship a few years ago with a variety of fundraisers. The opportunity to hold the 5K in Tina's name was a perfect match because both Christine and Tina are Assumption graduates.

Tina was murdered on April 17, 1994. The crime remains unsolved. Although it has been 21 years now, she is never far from her family's thoughts. They keep her memory and positive attitude alive through this scholarship. It's important to me because it's important to my friend and her family (my "extended family").

And it's one of those reminders (again) of how blessed I am that I have not endured such a violent and tragic loss. Praise the Lord.

If you happen to be in the area that weekend, stop in and take a walk with us.  Here are a few more details – or check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tracksfortina.


Thank you for your support.



No comments: