Friday, May 29, 2015

Rain Fall


When the weather man predicts a rainy afternoon and we see nothing but sun, we just assume he is wrong. Again.

That was silly of us.

Hubby and I went to Plover to watch the Assumption girls take on Pacelli in the softball regional finals. Game was going to start at 4:30 but they moved it up to 4 p.m. Good call. It got done right before the downpour.

Unfortunately, even though the rain wasn't falling yet, we were watching the Lady Royals fall by an 8-3 final. Just too many balls hit right to their opponents and Pacelli was very quick on defense. Not to mention some power hitting.

All in all, though, it was still a good season for the girls and they are only losing one senior. So we'll see how next year goes.

Since the ballpark is on King Cone Road (I call it that), we stopped there quick and headed back to Rapids to catch our boys in action for their final game of the regular baseball season. The black clouds were a pretty good sign that game was probably experiencing Mother Nature difficulties.

I checked with a girlfriend whose son was playing and she said it was called off. They tried a few times to get the game going, but it was a wasted effort. Now it looks like it will just keep raining all night. I wonder if we'll end up seeing some flooding in these here parts. Hopefully nothing destructive.

Since we were home for the evening, I finally got around to gathering all my stuff for my niece Beth's bridal shower, which I am co-hosting on Sunday. Had to get it all together now since we have 3 graduation parties before I leave town for the nuptial northwoods. (Plus another when I get back Sunday evening.)

And sadly I think the temperatures are going to be falling with the rain. The only good thing about that is that I can skip the time-consuming task of shaving my legs! Every minute counts!

No comments: