Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekend Warrior :: Day 2

If making a bridal shower treat counts as part of my extreme weekend warrior activity, then I'll give myself at least a half-day credit so I am up to 2. But first, the important stuff...

Carter and the Assumption band provided music for another Memorial Day service – this one today at a cemetery in Wisconsin Rapids. Yes, it rained off and on, but it was still a very good crowd and many branches of service and their associations were represented.

A few images...





Jim's Uncle Joe (left) is a veteran and member of the firing squad for the 21-gun salute.


A steady wind made the flags fly – as they should!

A veteran prays as we remember the fallen in Wood County.


Oh yes I did just walk right up there and take this! Carter and his friend Olivia were too busy to smile, though.


Carter and Great-Uncle Joe after the ceremony. A brief break from the rain!

The sun came out later but it was too wet for the stock car races to go on. So our plan to see our nephew Colin race was off the agenda. Jim went golfing and I made homemade mints for my niece's bridal shower I am co-hosting next weekend. It was a good rainy day activity... except the sun was out.

Of course, when I was done, the rains came again. I don't know how hubby golfed but it is lightning and thundering right now and downpouring.

And I swear I just saw his new golf umbrella still in the garage.

I guess he's his own kind of weekend warrior.



No comments: