Monday, May 4, 2015

Lullabies


Tonight was our penultimate Spring Concert for Carter and the AHS Band! After this next month, every activity will be "the last one" before he graduates!

But let's not rush things.

It was a very nice concert. They separate the band one from the choir one so we can enjoy more music. It's nice and they played some fun songs. You've never heard a handbell choir do "Lion Sleeps Tonight," have you? That was entertaining.

The band played a medley of songs from the Disney Tarzan movie. Carter won't admit that he did this or that he even remembers it, but he used to watch that movie 2-3 times a day! And we had to buy the soundtrack so he, at 2 years old, could sing along. Seriously! It was quite the flashback to hear the melodies. I got a lump in my throat just thinking about how fast time goes.

After the concert, we stopped at Jim's parents for a bit and Carter stayed to help with required cleanup of the gymnasium. He apparently detoured past Culvers on his way home and is not complaining he had too much ice cream (is there such a thing?!) and has a stomachache.

Sorry, dude. I'll give you props for a nice concert but no sympathy since you didn't bring home any Andes Mint Avalanche for Momma. I'd be too tired to eat it anyway since I had work to do when I got home and it is now way past my bedtime.

Thanks for lullabies, AHS Band members. I will sleep like the Lion Sleeps Tonight.

And just kidding on being too tired to eat ice cream. You know I would have found a way!


No comments: