Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Makin' Doughnuts

 

There are days I feel like Fred in the Dunkin's Donuts commercial from back in the day. Dragging myself out of bed at some ungodly hour to drive nearly an hour to work.

It's actually only 45 miles from our house to Iola, but the booming village of Plover has become the bottleneck to the east, making it a 50-minute drive even though a third of it is freeway speed. Typically I hit the red light at all four traffic signals on my route. Today, in honor of 12 years on the job, I see they are adding TWO MORE stop-and-go lights on my commute!

No kidding. They are up on both sides of the I-39 exit now. They are not operating yet but will be any day now. Grrr.

So today I veered off at stoplight #3 and went to Dunkin' Donuts to pick up some treats for work (since I have been such a treat to work with).

Got two dozen assorted to mark my "Dirty Dozen" years. Yum!

Not sure how that tradition started, but I (and many others) bring treats on my work anniversary and on my birthday. Actually, I "make the doughnuts" a lot, often bringing baked goods in what my co-workers call my Magic Blue Pan.

Today was probably one of the few occasions I purchased something already made. But I was stuck on that "dozen" number in my head. And who doesn't need a good Dunkin' Donut with their coffee?

Heck, with two more stoplights to sit for, I might even have time for a few coffee breaks on my commute!

Better log off now so I can get some sleep before it's time to make the doughnuts again!





No comments: