Monday, August 10, 2015

Dog Daze of Summer


Dog Days: a period of inactivity or sluggishness

It's no coincidence that the "dog days" of summer typically fall in August. Of course, the phrase can refer to hot temperatures, but I think the inactivity and sluggishness applies.

Especially to teenagers.

I am not picking on anyone in this house, but I know that with just two weeks 'til the first day of school, there are some students scrambling to do their summer homework before the start of their senior year. Not naming names, just a kid or two I know.

Unfortunately, since we just have a cat in our house, a person who had, say, 3 books to read over vacation can't say a dog ate his homework. Since a German trip presentation has to be done on the computer, a person can't say a cat or mouse ate it either.

There's just going to have to be some un-sluggishness in the next 14 days!

Who am I to judge? I am the princess of procrastination-induced deadlines. Perhaps that's a hereditary trait. Uh-oh.

Since the GAPP students returned a month ago (already), I will be very excited one of these days to finally see some photos of Germany. Remember I said I'd share them when I saw them? Yep, I still plan to do that. I know there were hundreds uploaded on my computer yesterday. I don't know what they are of, but if I run into a teenager chasing his tail, I'll catch him and ask.

Then I'll share. At least I'll get that blog assignment done! Now that summer office-cleaning project is a whole other matter...

Woof!


No comments: