Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Today's Snapshot


What?! I figured you've seen enough pictures of Carter to last awhile so why not see his parents? Ha. Lucky you. Pictures from the photo booth at my niece Beth's wedding.

All together now: Awwww.....

Don't worry. Boy Wonder will return to the spotlight one of these days.

Since this blog serves as my journal of sorts and, more importantly, my timeline for my scrapbooking, I thought I better note a few things going on!

Chilling Out: Weather is crazy cool this week. We're talking temps in the 40s at night. They say "good sleeping weather." I say "hard to get out of bed weather." Either way, the electric mattress pad is on!

CHiPs: My sister Rayna and hubby are on a very long roadtrip out in the northwest sector of the States. They have seen the wildfires and the beautiful wildlife. My sister texted me today that she saw a real, live California Highway Patrol officer. Ponch alert!! Lucky!

Buyer's Remorse: Since Carter is a senior now we are almost done with begging you to support his fundraisers. I say ALMOST. He is selling Royal Cards with discounts at multiple Rapids businesses. They are $15 and quickly pay for themselves at Dairy Queen, I mean grocery stores! If you have been waiting to buy one, let me know. Otherwise, NO PRESSURE. We've only got a few left anyway. (The begging will come with the Music Calendar sale later this fall.)

1 D: I've learned the difference between having a teenage boy instead of a teenage girl is that I have several friends at the One Direction concert tonight. Meanwhile, I am the only one under this roof who knows any of their songs. Just enough where I would go to the concert if my "daughter" begged me. She'd have to deserve it, though. Or pay for the t-shirt.

Treats: Instead, I spent part of the evening prepping for Carter's first cross country meet of the season. I am one of the parents providing post-race snacks Thursday so I got my "pretzel rods dipped in almond bark" treats done tonight and will do other stuff tomorrow night. Am getting excited for the season. I am pretty sure the runners are, too!

Contributing Member: Work has actually been busy, which means I am moving beyond training and am a contributing member of the team. There. I feel better now.

Oh, boy. My train of thought has left the station. I think I'm distracted because I hear my warm bed calling me. That's right, Mr. Deck Chair. Get mad and do something to change this weather!



No comments: