Friday, August 14, 2015

The Missing Lick, er Link

I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately. I thought it was due to my adjustments to the new job. Today, I realized it was something else.

Did you know I have gone a whole month – a whole 31 days – without King Cone?

It's unheard of!

Yet, with my wonderful short commute, I am no longer "just passing by" and stopping in on my way home from work. In fact, I apparently haven't even needed to do even a small portion of my commute – just as far as Plover 15 minutes away – since I left my job in Iola. Have I lost sight of my priorities?

I had two fears today. One was that my systems would start to shut down from withdrawal. And two was that King Cone had gone out of business without my "occasional" patronage! This is serious stuff, people!

Not wanting to put life and lick, er limb, on the line, I made a trip to Plover after work. Well, of course, I HAD to go to Fleet Farm and Dunham's and Staples. So as long as I was "just passing by," I stopped.

Even Maggie, the girl behind the counter, recognized that I was having withdrawals. (OK, she DID say that but she does know me since I worked with her dad for years– not just because I frequent the establishment.)


Reunited and it tastes so good... Oh yes, a big ol' scoop of Blueberry "Yes, Please" Cake Ice Cream and my universe has righted itself.

Whew. Avoided a catastrophe there. Always good to get your priorities in order.

Always.





No comments: