Monday, August 17, 2015

Waterfront Property

With our recent heat wave and total lack of rain, I'd be surprised if we've had an inch of precipitation in August. Of course, I could look it up but I like to pretend I know things! Plus, I have had to water those three flower plants every day so I KNOW it hasn't been raining.

Today, the temps started to cool down finally and it was sprinkling on and off this morning. I had to run home at lunch to take care of some paperwork. It was lightly raining, but as soon as I parked in the garage, a downpour began.

If you ever wondered what happens when a month's worth of rain falls in 5 minutes, you go from country home to waterfront property. Real fast!


Isn't that insane? It has been so dry that the ground couldn't soak up the water as fast as it was arriving. 


When it stopped, I headed back to work and wondered how Carter was going to get into his car for cross country practice later in the afternoon. Through the trunk, maybe?

As it turned out, the ground eventually caught up and drank up the abundant rain. So he had no problem going to practice. The farmers around here are happy. And I didn't have to water my flowers tonight!

Everybody wins.




No comments: