Monday, August 31, 2015

Digging Deep

My two new favorite words? Trigger Point. As in Trigger Point Therapy. As in dig deep and deeper!

My back has been out of whack for about two weeks now and I keep muscling through the pain and discomfort, rolling on my foam roller, applying my essentials oils, stretching, everything. It's mainly the mid- to upper right-hand side that gets extra work due to the computer mouse in may hand countless hours a day.

What I realized today was that I am falling apart without my bi-weekly chair massages I used to get at work! So I broke down and made an appointment at a local chiropractic office that also has massage therapy services. On my lunch, I got a 15-minute does of TPT.

Basically, Trigger Point Therapy targets the cause of your pain with deep, pointed pressure to release stubborn knots. This is not a massage for sissies. They gotta dig deep and drill. It hurts like heck but it sure helps to break up the knotted muscle.

Since I was in pretty rough shape, I made an appoint to see my new "drill" sergeant again tomorrow. She just wants to see if she can dig deeper and make sure the rest of my back gets pounded on if needed.

So I took the night off from my cardio kickboxing class. I know I said last week NO EXCUSES, but I found one anyway. This will better serve me in the long run, right? I hope so.

No pain, no gain? I should gain a lot of fire power back in my punch!



No comments: