Saturday, August 29, 2015

Fore a Good Cause


Not that all we do is Assumption-related activities in our lives, but for the third day in a row we were sporting Royal Blue – or variations thereof – and supporting the school. This time, the football team. And this time, WE were the ones playing.

Golf, that is.

Today was the third annual John Swendrowski Memorial Golf Outing at Bull's Eye Country Club. Swendro, as he was called was a football coach at AHS plus a teacher (while hubby was in high school). 

Jim has his established foursome so last year when I had the date open, I ended up golfing with two college-aged "kids" who had previously graduated from Assumption. This year, I got a friend of mine to be my partner and we latched onto a husband-and-wife duo to make up a foursome. We had an absolute blast!


Marlene, my partner in crime and missed birdie putts, graduate with Jim so has known him forever. Not that either is old. We had a lot of fun. And the couple, Jeff and Amy, were great to hang around with. We were not good enough to take the game too seriously, so we just enjoyed ourselves. I other words, we did NOT finish under par!

We were just grateful it was not raining or too hot. Just cool enough to wear long pants and sometimes our light jackets.

There were various prizes on holes, including the "drive closest to the tackling dummy." We did not get that, but it was certainly fun to try.

When we had the banquet afterwards, I found out I won two prizes. On a par 3 I had the "women's drive closest to the pin." And I made the longest putt – of everyone – on the 18th hole. I am sure you heard the screaming around 4 p.m. when I sunk that!!! It was very, very, very long. And for a typical 3-putter, I was doing a much deserved happy dance with high fives all around! For each of those prizes I got some golf balls and ball markers.

They also had raffle giveaways, too. One board had 100 tags with numbers on them. I bought the #68, since that is the year my twin sister was born. And guess what number they called? Oh yes, you are looking at the winner of $250! Whoot! That covers our entry fees and all the money we spent on raffles today. LOL.

Tired now. Having fun and winning all those prizes takes a lot out of a girl! But it was FORE! a good cause.





No comments: