Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sitting in the Corner


After being gone for 12 hours yesterday, it would have been nice to have a free day to say, do my Saturday chores and then some. But my day was booked.

Had to read in church this morning. Since we only have one service on Sundays in the summer – at the late hour of 9 a.m. – I can handle it!

By lucky coincidence, another photographer friend from college and the newspaper was attending our service to take pictures of his great-niece's baptism. So John was up from Madison and it was the first time I've seen him in at least 10 years or so. Cool. Two Sundays in a row I see old shutterbug buddies. Love it!

After I got home from church it was work, work, work on a freelance assignment. I finally sent myself to sit in the corner. And by corner I mean the corner where the sun still shines on Mr. Deck Chair & Associates. My neighbor Cindy and I took full advantage of my 30-minute "time out" and got some sun and conversation.

This evening, after I caught up, I went into town to grocery shop and pay a birthday visit to my BFF. Actually, Christine's birthday is tomorrow, but she works out of town so I wanted to catch her. Plus, I heard she had cake.

Kidding. I did not KNOW that going into the visit. It was just a bonus! Great to see her and hubby since we have not connected in person this summer. Where did those 3 months go? Shame on us.

Got home and realized I really need an extra day between Sunday and Monday to, yes, do those Saturday chores and then some. Something tells my I'll get around to that on Tuesday. I've been so bad I should probably send myself to sit in the corner again.

And by corner I mean warm bed and new book!




No comments: