Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Surprises


I like most surprises this time of year. Had perfectly clear roads to my family Christmas celebration in the Twin Cities. Yet still I managed to show up at our destination with the beautiful dessert above looking like a mess. Somehow it tipped over en route. Surprise! Good thing I had a bigger distraction when I got there.


My sister Rayna and her husband Paul surprised us all by driving up from Texas! No snow so ideal for travel. What a great surprise!


It was great to have all the "kids" under one roof. Here's Mom and her 8 R's after our tasty lunch. We had most of the nieces and nephews there,  too. It was awesome!

Had our usual program with some witty and moving presentations. The 8 R's surprised Mom by singing one of her childhood favorites, Star of the East. We made her cry. It was sweet, though.


Later, my lovely twin made ME cry with this beautiful handmade gift for me to hang in my office. Sweet and adorable ... just like us twins. Ha.

Just a great day and wonderful reminder of how blessed I am to have such an amazing, thoughtful, creative, loving family.

No surprise there.


No comments: