Sunday, December 13, 2015

Ol' Kris Kringle


As a full-blooded Scandi-hoovian, I pretty much keep my allegiance to the Swedes and Norwegians. But today, I let the Danes in.

Typically, we celebrate St. Lucia Day in this house with a small gift and homemade, fresh from the can to the oven, cinnamon rolls. However, since my BFF lives in the Racine "home of the Kringle" area during the week for work, she brought me an Almond Kringle this weekend.

Oh my favorite! I had to wait a day for St. Lucia Day to share it with the guys. Apparently somebody besides me likes it, because the ring on flaky, frosting-ed flavor is just about gone!

Guess it was a hit. Will put that info in the St. Lucy Vault for next Dec. 13th.

Was also an atypical Christmas celebration when our area was under a flood watch today. Not a winter storm watch. Nope. A 100% chance of rain in nearly 60-degree weather type of flood watch. Still raining.

Since I was stuck indoors and really didn't want to work – on anything – I jumped at the chance to go to a movie with previously mentioned BFF and her niece and nephew. Saw Mockingjay Part 2.

Here's my opinion because you didn't ask... Mockingjay Part 1 was much better. Mockingjay Part 2 was sort of lame... sort of like the book, in fact. Not an impressive ending to either. But I still enjoyed reading the series immensely and liked 3 of the 4 movies. Plus, I had good movie theater popcorn for lunch. Can't beat that, either.

Came home and did a little work, did some grocery shopping and walked on the treadmill. I discovered if I check out "large print" books from the library, they are pretty easy to read while moving on the treadmill. Well, pretty easy to read, period.

Since the new treadmill is quieter than the last one, I can watch Hallmark Christmas movies while walking, too. I only saw one today. Should probably go get more steps...



No comments: