Sunday, December 6, 2015

Fat Lady is Singing

They say it is not over until the fat lady sings. Perhaps they are referring to opera or maybe an NFL football game. Either way, she showed up too early today for my liking.

Has your team ever performed so poorly that the network actually switched to another game because it was no longer interesting? Yep, that hurts.

The Vikings hosted the Seahawks today and the holes in our defense were glaring. I ran out of fingers and toes to count all the missed tackles – and that was in the first half alone! At halftime, just to leave the scene of the carnage, I went for 2-mile run (part walk, but more running than last time). Got back it is only the 3rd quarter and Seattle was up 28-0. Ugh.

The fat lady was already warming up.

That's when the announcers came on and said, "Well that doesn't look like much of a game anymore so we are switching over the Chicago-San Fran game, which is tied." Say what? You don't think we can stage a comeback? Just kidding. I wasn't thinking that. I was thinking, OK, well, I can get a few more things done around the house and maybe even sneak in another Hallmark movie.

And that's how the day played out. And I'm OK with that.

Still disappointed in the lack of purple people performance today. Maybe next time they should start the fat lady on the defensive line. At this point, anything will help.

I hope.



No comments: