Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Winter :: That's Putting it Mildly


I created this little graphic this morning because I was in a sassy mood. The days are getting longer, after all.

Actually, the first official day of winter did bring some snow. Just enough to cover roads. It didn't even stick to the grass. So I had a bit of a slippery drive to work, but so thankful it was not my old Iola commute!

For a moment I thought we were in a for a white Christmas. Pretty sure the rain and 44-degree temps predicted for tomorrow will clear that off.

Tomorrow is also the last day of finals and school for the semester. This also means the Golden Mass service will be held at Assumption once again. I have made this a few times but cannot take off from work this time. Still, I get to be a part of it, sort of.

Tonight, the senior class and parents had to set up the gymnasium for the event. That meant everything from lining up chairs to stringing lights to make it all pretty. I'm sure it will be beautiful as always. Came home and ironed some shirts for the guys, then finally sat down and addressed the last of the Christmas cards.

Well, probably not the last since I keep thinking of more people! As long as I have cards left, I might as well send them, right? People like Christmas cheer in their mailboxes after Christmas, too. It helps ease the pain of the credit card bills coming in January. I'm all about spreading the cheer, ya know.

Jingle all the way!!

No comments: