Sunday, December 27, 2015

Moving Forward



It's not uncommon at this time of year to reflect on the past 365 while looking forward. It doesn't have to be New Year's to make an effort to move forward, but sometimes it just works out that way.

Today our church finally took a step forward. We have been without a pastor for nearly 18 months. We have had substitutes, long-term and short-term interim pastors, and special guests to cover that time space while a transition committee worked on a mission statement and the call committee searched for and interviewed candidates.

This morning we had a special congregational meeting to consider extending a call to a candidate the call committee was pretty excited about. We had just shy of 100 members there and it was nearly a unanimous vote!

It just feels good to know we may be moving forward to some stability and consistency – and hopefully growth in many forms at our church.

This afternoon, I also change in motion.

I went over to Winnebago to visit my nephew. Each time I see him, he is more upbeat and positive, and I am more encouraged that he is truly turning his life around. When he finally is "free," he does not want to go back to his old life, his old habits, his old demons. He has plans and goals now. May God give him the strength to keep them!

I would love to add that am also moving forward and sticking with positive, healthy changes. But... two out of three ain't bad. Let me get back to you on New Year's.

In the meantime, I've got a game to catch to see if my team will keep moving forward this season. SKOL and good luck to you, too, in your efforts to move forward!





No comments: