Friday, December 4, 2015

Mrs. 3000

When I logged in to blog tonight I realized that I have blogged 3,000 times! That's just about daily for the past 8 1/2 years. Yeah, I need a life.

For some reason, "Mr. 3000" popped into my head when I saw that number. I guess there was a baseball movie by that name years ago. I know I never saw it but it must have had decent marketing if I remembered the name.

That is me.... can't remember what I did 2 days ago but that Bernie Mac movie from 10 years ago shines in the pile of clutter in my frontal lobe. Yeah, I really do need a life.

That's not going to happen this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a wide open space on the calendar for this weekend. I know what you're thinking. I've got a half-dozen (or so) Hallmark Christmas movies in the DVR storage, just waiting to be viewed. But first, I must address that growing list of "Things To Do" that will never be completed at the rate I'm going. But I don't feel guilty. I've had a run of great weekends with sisters and friends and shopping and hoops and cookies.

Now, though, I am on a mission.

Have to seriously clean the house, deck the halls, run errands, come up with some Christmas card concept, order senior pictures, push Carter on scholarship deadlines, maybe resurrect Mr. Deck Chair if the forecast is correct... oh, and get 10,000 steps, of course.

I recently found this great app on my phone called Color Checklist that let's me create a checklist and check the box when the item is done. I started a To Do list on November 4th and still have items to check off. The problem is that the list, just like a calendar or a clock, is only useful if you LOOK at it!

As often as I use my phone, you'd think that wouldn't be a problem. But I probably bypass it to check texts or play Word Bubbles or get on Facebook. Today I realized I needed to cross more items off AND just a start new list. I only carried over 6 items, so that's not bad, is it? C'mon, support me on this.

Strange that I never need a reminder to blog. I'm guessing that if I look over my list of 3,000 I would be hard-pressed to find 30 that were even important! Guess I am holding up my promise – it's the light side, not the deep side or essential side or critical side.

Just light like my To Do list will be after this amazingly productive weekend.

Thanks for the eye rolls and reading!








No comments: