Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Working Through It


This is the first year in many that I do not have the week off between Christmas and New Year's. That's what happens when you have a new job and new employee vacation time.

I miss the part about staying in jammies or sweats all day and watching Hallmark movies. I don't miss eating my way through the week and wondering why I have to start New Year's in the same situation as the previous year!

Don't get me wrong. We are all trying to "get rid of" the treats in our houses and therefore, work is a Grand Central Station for Temptation.

Probably a good thing we are so busy we barely have time to think straight, let alone make a special trip over to the treat table. I still did, naturally, because I HAD to get steps! But compared the boredom eating, watching TV eating, playing cards eating, etc eating I would be doing on vacation, I feel justified.

Probably my downfall.

As a preemptive strike to the holi-grazing that will continue New Year's Eve, I went to kickboxing class after work. Our instructor worked us hard. Very hard. Lots of sweat. He said he didn't want us to forget him next year. Like that would happen.

As much as I enjoy the holidays, I will be glad next week when our class schedule is back to normal (honest!), my sleep schedule is back to normal, the amount of sweets in the house is back to normal, and my cholesterol, too.

One more day to work through it!



No comments: