Saturday, December 12, 2015

Snail Mail



Rarely am I sitting on my Christmas cards this late in the year. But better late than never, right?

I received my cards in the mail yesterday so that was the first step. After an enjoyable Book Club at the coffee shop, I went to get stamps this morning. Must have been a popular idea as I was 12th in line!

Got home and basically spent the afternoon watching Hallmark Christmas movies while addressing cards (found my older label file so that helped), stamping them and stuffing them. My goal was to leave the house by 4 so I could make it into the Post Office for the Saturday pickup up at 4:30.

So I busted my jingle bells and left at 3:55 p.m. Get to the Post Office and pickup was at 4, not 4:30. Dang. So the snail mail will be more like slug mail now, if in face slugs are slower than snails. So if you normally get a card from me, well, you still should by Christmas!

At least the Hallmark movies were good!

Tonight I wrapped a few more presents since St. Lucia comes tomorrow and Carter actually has friends over for a fire. Oh yes, still in the high 40s/low 50s today so just a nice night for a fire. I guess it's going to rain all day tomorrow so if I am going to get a walk in outside, I better go now and stick to the circle in the neighborhood.

Backup plan is just go on the treadmill and simultaneously catch another Hallmark movie. Is 3 in one day too many?

I suppose I could test the theory and get back to you.


No comments: