Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hello, Sunshine!


Just because we don't SEE Santa, doesn't mean he's not real. And just because we haven't seen the sun in a week, doesn't mean it's not real.

Still, it is worth it to take a picture when it appears – just to document it!

In case you missed it, at approximately 1:04 p.m., a glint from the parking lot caught my eye. Upon further inspection, it appeared to be the reflection of some foreign light source on a chrome bumper. Could it be.... is it.... the sun?

By the time I spread the word around the office to the non-window seat cave dwellers, it was gone. Had I imagined it?

Thankfully, hubby took a photo of my sun-worshipping sister Sylvester enjoying her brief moment in the spotlight. Seeing is believing, but a photo is evidence!

It really was a matter of minutes before clouds came in, rain again and even a bit of thunder and lightning. Still, when Carter and I did our bell ringing gig from 5-7 p.m. we were grateful it wasn't super cold anyway. That was the last shift for us in 2015 and the first year I did not need long underwear or a scarf!

If we can hold off on the white Christmas business until our weekend traveling is over, I'd be good with that, too. And certainly, Mr. Sun, you are welcome to stop by any time.

You will never wear out your welcome with ME.



No comments: