Sunday, December 20, 2015

I Must Have Been a Good Girl...

According to Santa's elf, I must have been a really good girl this year – because I got one heckuva present today.

I actually found out Thursday night from my niece Caryn that the Austin 3 (sorry, Casey had to go back to Eau Claire to work) was going to the Vikings game today! Caryn works games at the U of M TCF Bank Stadium, used by the Vikings, too, while their new palace is under construction. So she was able to get us in with no debt to our credit or debit cards. Oh yes, the best present ever!

Especially since they actually won today as well when they annihilated the Bears!!

I know you Packers fans couldn't care less about Game Day photos, but I'm sharing them anyway...

The college stadium is much smaller than the Dome was but not a bad seat in the place.

We were there almost 3 hours before game time so had time to walk around and get a pregame family photo.

With about 2 hours to go, Caryn and I ventured over to the tunnel where the Vikings players enter and exit the field – just in case we saw people we knew up close.

Here's the television sideline reporter Pam Oliver. I figured it was illegal to jump on her so I could take her spot for the day. So I let her pass.

QB Teddy Bridgewater taking a few warmup throws.

 Only 90 minutes to game time!

 Teddy heads for the locker room

Had to get a picture of the Bears warming up since I do have in-laws who lean that way.

 Coaches Norv Turner and Mike Zimmer enter.

 Teddy geared up and heading back the field.

Zygi, our ba-jillionaire owner!

One of the pre-game huddles before taking the field to warm up.

Heading in.

Oh this is just WR Mike Wallace (11) and Jarius Wright (behind him) moments before they noticed that adorable woman from Wisconsin and came over and gave me high fives. Oh yes, I've been touched by the color purple!!

Huddle with some more people you may now.

Definitely the closest I'll ever be to Adrian Peterson. Glad he's healthy!

 Almost game time.
 And now it is!

So nice to keep scoring so we could keep singing our "Skol Vikings" fight song!

When hubby doesn't want a game day date photo. I will not let it ruin my scrapbook!

Notice I have a different hat than the beginning of the game? Well I had to get some hand warmers for Carter's and my shoes, so while I was in the game shop, I figured I better get a warm and "cool" hat like Caryn, my favorite elf! Plus this hat was much warmer. Though I must say we were spoiled having dry weather close to 40 degrees.

 Carter staying warm with hot chocoloate!

 Our last touchdown throw...

 To Zach Line...

And it's GOOD!!

SKOL VIKINGS!

And the final score: 38-17. Awesome! Now that we broke our dreadful streak, it's almost a given we have to go back for next week's game, right?

I'm guessing Santa doesn't make a habit of more than one visit per year. Pretty sure I'd have to relinquish my spot on the Naughty List for that to happen.

And pretty sure that's not in the cards. Hopefully another win (or more) is, though.

Merry Christmas to me!

No comments: