Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Cheer


I giggled out loud when I saw this today because, naturally, this is the worst time of year to even think of losing weight or cutting back on calories – no matter what your goals were back in January.

Well, for me anyway.

I thought, yep, I have more progress to make, but no, I am not going to miss out on holiday cheer – in all its forms, from cool treats to cookies.

First I figured I would enjoy my first (and maybe last) Eggnog Shake from McDonald's for the season. I told a co-worker I was going to head there for lunch but when she mentioned she was going to run to the cheese factory in Rudolph, I decided to join her instead. Cheese is good but we all know they have some spectacular ice cream there.

If you want to talk about Christmas cheer, it was at Dairy State Cheese. First, the parking lot was full and it was packed inside, with long lines at all three registers. Guess everyone is going to spread Christmas cheer in the form of cheese this year. Secondly, while waiting in line for ice cream, the couple ahead of me paid for mine. Wow, merry Christmas to me! Either I looked desperate for my favorite treat or the true spirit of Christmas is still alive.

I believe.

The fun part – the important part – will be paying it forward as soon as possible. Since I only had one quick stop on my way home from work, the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet. It will.

I encourage you all to do the same. If only we had more people concerned about giving than receiving. That would push cheer up to a whole new level.

I like that idea. Between the free ice cream, a chance to finally open our Christmas cards AND view a Hallmark movie tonight, I am inspired to make it happen.

Wishing you much Christmas cheer in the days to come!





No comments: