Tuesday, February 2, 2016

And Spring is Right Around the Corner


It's always ironic when the famous groundhog Punxatawney Phil calls for an early spring while we have a "snow day" in Wisconsin. Not that I believe the furry forecaster. In fact, I didn't totally believe the non-furry ones.

Still, just to play it safe, I had hubby give me a ride to work so I wouldn't have to worry about the drive home. When it was 10 a.m. and we still hadn't seen a snowflake in Wisconsin Rapids, I voiced an opinion or two about why they needed to call off school. Certainly, even if the "storm" started at 10 or 11 the buses could manage to get the kids home in the early afternoon, couldn't they?

When it started, I decided to take pictures at 1 hour or so intervals to prove my point. Here is the view of our parking at 10:15 a.m.


Then, at 11:30 a.m., I still wasn't convinced they needed a snow day. I mean, even Carter could handle driving home in this.


 Around 12:45 p.m. I ate my words for lunch...


Crazy, huh? Two thoughts came to mind. 1) Darn weather guys were right. 2) "Can we go home?"

Actually, they did let us out early because the visibility was low, mainly due to the wind. So I got a bonus 2 hours to my day!


Not long after we got home, Jim started snowblowing and I shoveled off the decks. Carter accidentally forgot his boots at a friend's house this weekend, so he was off the hook. Besides, he has a crappy cold and probably didn't need to be outside.


I took a picture when Jim was making progress on the driveway. Next time I checked, there was an extra neighbor guy – holding a beer. Next time I checked, there was another one – holding a beer. How many guys does it take to operate ONE snowblower? Well, 3 buds and 12 Buds!

All fingers and toes are accounted for and the driveway is done so they apparently make a great team!

For that round.

I thought maybe we got off easy but it still "sounds" like we're getting several more inches overnight – or freezing drizzle. Yay. Not sure if I believe them or should consult the nearest rodent.

Happy Groundhog Day!



No comments: