Monday, February 15, 2016

Hail to the Chief Day


In this crazy election year (my opinion), I do not want to talk politics on Presidents' Day. Instead, I found one of my favorite photos of my mom and me... and 4 very dead presidents.

This was taken on a warm, sunny day in June of 2014 on our little vacation out west to South Dakota. What I'd give to have a sleeveless shirt on right now (not to mention, a tan!). It was a neat vacation, great to spend time with Mom and very cool to see historic monuments.

These days, Presidents' Day means two things: 1) a federal holiday so some people are off work, including mail carriers, and 2) a whole lot of presidential sales on clothes and other items not closely related to patriotism or honoring our nation's leaders.

For me, it was another day at the office, followed by an insane one-on-one kickboxing class, followed by the Assumption boys basketball game. It was senior night so I wanted to get some pictures of my friends with their sons. It also turned out to be an intense game versus Abbotsford, with our Royals falling by 3 teeny tiny points. Dang. Still a nice tribute night for the 4 seniors and their parents.

Managed to snag a photo of "my" senior, too, playing in the Pep Band. Of course, he still strategically places that big ol' baritone in front of his face when he spots me. But I got one quick frame off first.


I figured as long as I was missing the Grammys, I might as well get the next best thing!

And they did play a stellar Star-Spangled Banner so we fit that presidential patriotism after all.


No comments: