Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Sunday


Even before game time, I considered it a "Super Sunday" today.

Today was the first service with our new pastor at church. We have been led by a variety of interim and occasional substitutes for the past 18 months. Now we have Pastor Cheryl on board as our permanent, full-time leader. It's an exciting day for our church. We can start to move forward.

I won't base my entire opinion on one service, but can tell you I like her. She and her husband seem very down to earth and genuine. Looking forward to getting to know them!

After church, since it was honest-to-goodness mild out (30s!), I went for a 3-mile walk, knowing I would be couch or chair bound (with food in hand) for the big game later on.

In the early afternoon, we headed over to the annual party at our friend's in town. Have to get there early enough to get a good seat! At least that allowed me to catch up with my BFF since I don't see her in person much now that she works out of town. So that was a bonus.

The downside of a party with multiple games going on – football on TV, card game, dice – is that you can't hear the game or what are supposed to be the year's best commercials. I heard Lady Gaga sing the National Anthem and that was impressive. Commercials... not so much. Perhaps we've raised our standards?

Kind of wanted Broncos to win since I like my Manning boys. Wouldn't have minded Carolina since Jared Allen is on the team (ha, ha) and Cam Newton is an impressive athlete. Coin toss for me. I was not invested emotionally in the game, but did manage to double my monetary investment by halftime. Coincidentally, $50 for the 50th Super Bowl. Ha. Came home awhile to actually watch and hear the game a bit for the second half. Probably a good thing as I heard from both sides of our families on health issues that could use some super-sized prayers.

As much as is I love $50 burning a hole in my pocket, there's more to life than football, that's for sure.

No comments: