Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ninja Moves


I think I figured out how I hurt my neck. I've been some multi-tasking ninja for the past week and, despite my kickboxing training, my body was not up to the task.


My neck felt better today thanks to essentials oils, ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and a different pillow last night. When I tried to call this morning to squeeze in some trigger-point therapy, I got the machine at the chiropractor's office because they were too busy to answer the phone. That darn full moon!

I never did catch a moment to call back so I will have to try again tomorrow.

We have a busy few days at work with our out-of-town writers visiting Rapids for some face-to-face meetings with the rest of us. So today was projects squeezed in between meetings and ibuprofen. As a bonus, though, our writing team got to go out to dinner at a nice place, Andy's Bar & Grill, for good food and a few laughs.

I opted to come straight home after that rather than stop at the school for the first game of the girls basketball regional playoffs. Jim had been texting me keeping me in the loop. Since our Lady Royals were ahead of Athens by some 30 or 40 points, I figured I could pass – and get some reading done for work.

Still have to finish that up so I better sign off and put my ninja garb back on.

Maybe I should stretch first...


No comments: