Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sometimes You're the Nail...


There's a phrase that goes something like: "Sometimes you're the nail and sometimes you're the hammer."

Today my nails were ready to rock some Assumption hoops. Unfortunately, our teams got hammered.

We traveled to the JustAGame Fieldhouse in Wisconsin Dells to play a doubleheader against Barneveld. That's the team our girls have played for the state championship the past 3 years. Sometimes this February matchup serves as a pretty accurate preview.

Hopefully not this time.

The JV teams won and then it was time for the boys to take the spotlight. They didn't do too badly, but just couldn't pull off a win. I can't believe I didn't note the score for either game! When the girls played, they had a lead at halftime but ended up losing by 10 points, I think. It was tough.

Proudly, though, we had a great Royal fan turnout for the games. Love that we are willing to travel for support. From Rapids, the Dells is only an hour away. It helped it was a nice mild day for travel, too.

We came home right after the games. Did some grocery shopping and made some snacks for tomorrow's Super Bowl party at our friend Chet's house. I think Jim has gone like every year for 25 years or something crazy. Everybody contributes to the snack table, which has grown to 3 or 4 tables over time. Should be a great test of my willpower.

Hopefully the game is entertaining enough to keep me and my big mouth distracted. Unlike today, I don't have an emotional investment in the bowl. Not enough to change my nails. Those an hopefully bring some good luck over the next week.

Bring on the hammer!

No comments: