Monday, February 22, 2016

Just Another Moon-ic Monday


Full moons and Mondays don't mix. And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that today.

We have just had a deluge of projects come in at work and we are all up to eyeballs in deadlines. I like keeping busy but I feel like my head is going to explode trying to keep it all straight! Going to be a crazy week or two, that's for sure!

Of course, my head also felt like it was going to explode because I was actually in physical pain, too.

Several days ago I felt like I had an earache coming. I usually just felt it when I was sleeping and it hurt laying on my right ear. Wasn't too major but I was treating it as an earache and using my handy dandy essential oils for it. Much to my chagrin, it didn't go away.

Today was different. It wasn't just painful when I was sleeping on it. It escalated to constant, piercing pain and I wanted to cry. I took a bunch of ibuprofen and put on my "pain relief" oils. Nothing worked.

I figured that since it was Monday, it would be busy at the walk-in clinic so I waited until after work. Apparently, due to the full moon or something, they had a record number of patients go through there today. I asked the doctor if I got a special prize for being number 100 but they were above and beyond that. Besides, he said, "I'm not sure what kind of prize you'd get."

I guess my prize was that I do not have an ear infection of any kind. My sinuses are clear, too. So what's the deal?

I guess there's a muscle along the neck that stretches from the shoulder area up to behind the ear. I guess I did something to that muscle. When he specifically pressed along it and especially close to my ear, I believe I yelped! All I can do is take ibuprofen for the pain, he said. I told him I think I need a massage! He agreed, so I said, "Oh so I can say it's doctor's orders?"

Ha. He said I could. Not that that will get me anywhere.

So tonight I am home and doing a dozen things and trying to keep my mind off the pain. So far, no pain relievers or muscle relaxers or essential oils are doing the trick. Hopefully tomorrow, when the moon is out of sight, I will be able to connect with one of the women who have done that trigger point therapy on me.

I have just the point they need to trigger. Uff da. Mondays and full moons AND muscles don't mix!


No comments: