Friday, February 12, 2016

Time to Chill


Most "normal" people of sound mind and body would see this temperature and think hot soup, hot tea, hot chocolate... hot anything.

But those of us on the outside of normal looking in think ICE CREAM!

By sheer coincidence, today was the season opener for King Cone in Plover AND I was heading to Plover after work. True story.

An old publishing friend was having a retirement party there. Since my guys were both washing dishes at fish fries – Jim volunteering at church and Carter getting paid for it at "work" – I had to head over there alone. I went straight from work since I wanted to stop at Staples first. Can I help it you go past King Cone to get to Staples? Well, it's a bit of a detour actually, but it still got me to both places.


You know how Oprah brags on the Weight Watchers commercial that she lost weight and had bread every day? Well, I am not having ice cream every day but I was mathematically responsible and saved "points" for my frozen supper. I'm not used to just getting a SMALL, but it was just as good. Plus, as a bonus, I got a free Valentine's container of red velvet something.

As an added bonus, thanks to the lovely temperatures, it sat in my car during the party and didn't have a chance of melting!

Did enjoy myself at the party and saw some former co-workers I haven't seen in the 6 months since I left Iola. Reaffirms that I miss the people not the job necessarily. And I don't even have to miss King Cone on my commute because they'll be opening one in Rapids in 2 short months!

The location is not that far from work so I will really have to be a diligent mathematician with my Weight Watcher points then! Since I am that person on the outside of normal looking in, I did calculate the mileage. It's a 1.2-mile walk from work so I could get a nearly 2 1/2 mile walk in and burn it off as I am eating it. Not that I'm planning to go there every day or anything.

Just when I need to chill. And not from the temperature.




No comments: