Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Pack Rat, er Cat


We are not a cult and we are not weird. We just like to have fun.

I am talking about scrapbookers getting packed up for this weekend's Camp Crop-A-Lot. To make it interesting, every year there is a theme to the event. This year we are "Cruising to Completion" (of pages, that is) aboard the Queen of the Crop cruise ship, aka Wisconsin Lions Camp in Rosholt.

Part of the requirements is wearing a tropical shirt and presenting a boarding pass upon our arrival on Friday. Another requirement (or strongly encouraged) is participation in an Ugly Formal fashion show and dinner Saturday night.

Both of these required a trip to Goodwill. I know it's hard to believe, but there is not a Hawaiian shirt among the three of us in this house. And, since I gave away all my old bridesmaid dresses (no offense, friends), I didn't have any unattractive evening wear handy.

I think I found what I needed. My dress won't score points for beauty, but Sylvester gives it two paws up. I had it on the floor of my scrap cave while I was packing up the really important stuff – photos, papers, etc. She pawed at it and climbed in for a long nap. Is it because it's soft? Or can she tell some old cat lover wore the dress in a previous life?

Either way, she's far more attached to it than I am. I even told the cashier at Goodwill that I'd likely be bringing everything back Monday for the donation bin. She was surprised because she thought the dress and accompanying ugly scarf were pretty.

Oops.

Apparently I have to stop being so judgmental. I guess beauty is in the eye, or paws, or the beholder.


No comments: