Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Door Busters


Apparently when word got out there were "Door Buster" sales at Wal-Mart yesterday, this cow decided to bust his barn door and get there.

Seriously, a cow was trying to check out the dairy section or something in the Wal-Mart in Plover (next town over, just south of Stevens Point). The animal got loose from a neighboring dairy farm around 3:30 p.m. yesterday, according to Portage County dispatch officials.

Authorities managed to corral the cow and got it back to its owner safely – but not before enough people saw it and posted photos of it on social media! Only in Wisconsin.

I usually am not as concerned about what I will see at the store, but rather who will see me. I do not want to end up on one of those People of Wal-Mart websites but I push my luck pretty often.

It just happens that the place I do kickboxing is basically next door to the store. So oftentimes, after class, I head over there, still wearing some funky outfit and waiting for the sweat to stop dripping off my forehead. Even if I am physically beat from the class, I make my way through the store in record time, hoping to escape before I'm recognized by the paparazzi – or just somebody I know.

It just happens that two of the neighbor girls (Carter's age) are cashiers. I never see them around the neighborhood in the winter time but you can bet I'll see one of them or both when I am speed shopping after class.

Tonight I saw one of them and said, "It never fails I only see you when I'm coming here after kickboxing. I want to assure you I do actually take showers, curl my hair and wear makeup every morning."

She just laughed and said, "Hey, I applaud anyone who works out."

Still, I might need a decoy next time. Wonder if my neighbors would mind if I borrowed one of their cows...



No comments: