Saturday, February 20, 2016

Plan B


Hello, kids. Today's blog is brought to you by the letter B...

BAND: First of all, we heard the scoop on Carter's brass trio late last night. They are going to State Solo & Ensemble! So he'll be there for two events! Awesome.

BUTT-KICKING: Woke up early (for a Saturday) and went to strength / resistance class. Our instructor had a tournament so he kept class short but jam-packed with some butt-kicking activities. We were his "sled dogs" for part of it. And I believe I will be feeling it in my backside tomorrow!


BOOK CLUB: I had just enough time after class to go home and splash before heading to our Face to Face Book Club meeting at the coffee house downtown. This month's book was When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The story of a man who finds an abandoned baby in the woods and how their lives intertwine over time. There. No spoilers. A good read! We had a very good discussion about troubled teens, spousal support, unconditional love and leaving a legacy. Check it out.


BASKETBALL (or BUTT-KICKING PART 2): Hubby and I traveled up to Marathon to watch the Assumption girls play their last regular-season game. There was a 3-way tie for first place in the southern part of the Marawood Conference. Due to multiple tie-breakers, we were playing the second-place game in the Marawood Crossover Game today. We beat Phillips, second place in the northern part of the conference, quick soundly: 63-41. After the second game (first place in north and south), they gave all-conference awards. Our five seniors all got awards from 1st team to honorable mention. And one of them was the conference player of the year. Well done, Lady Royals. Now onto the playoffs!



BACK ROADS: Since Jim's mom is from Marathon, he knows all the back roads to get up there, whereas I would take the Interstate for as much of it as I could. When I suddenly found us driving through Moon, Wis., I wondered what kind of Saturday drive we were taking. Just a random trip to the Moon today. Not as nice as Jim's home on Mars or mine on Venus. And frankly, I couldn't find my way back even with a map!

BEHIND: Spent my evening catching up on ordering photo prints for Camp Crop-A-Lot next weekend. A few dozen of the ones I already had printed came back with heads cut off, etc., because the photos were in so many different formats (phone, regular camera, Facebook). So I had to re-do those and get them uploaded. Will pick up the prints at Walgreens tomorrow and basically will have to get everything organized and packed tomorrow! Hopefully my schedule pans out because I do not have a Plan B for that!






No comments: