Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cupid's Not the Only One Working

My Valentine's Day is depicted by a robot because I sort of felt like one. After taking yesterday "off" to work my way around central and eastern Wisconsin, I had to stay put today... And address my list of things to do.

Had to get those pesky "Saturday chores" out of the way first. Too bad I don't really have a robot to do that! Then it was time to lock myself in my office and take care of some freelance design projects. Had quite the variety today. One was for an event, one for a magazine and one was a t-shirt design. Fun stuff!

Got it mostly done in time to visit with our friend Pete, who was in town from Denver visiting family. Pete graduated from Assumption with Jim and he and his wife were the ones who hosted us for our Colorado vacation back in 2014. We were supposed to see them this past fall to see The Who in Minneapolis. Now we'll see them in early May for the rescheduled concert – if things stay on schedule. We're crossing our fingers.

After Pete left, it was time to drag the teenager into my To Do List. It seems we have a dozen scholarship applications staring us in the face. And by us, I mean he does but I am the nagging co-pilot. He's got 2 essays down and 4 more to go... basically in the next week. We got the putzy stuff done today. I can't tell you how easy it is to do everything online compared to when I had to apply. Yes, computers were invented back then but we didn't use them as word processors then. Had to neatly write my applications and essays or type them.

Man, this senior year is making me feel like a senior!

Thank goodness for Valentine's Day. Love and hugs always make us feel younger, don't they? And they soften the robotic side, too, which I need once in awhile!

Hope you were able to give or receive love in some form today!

Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments: