Monday, February 29, 2016

Taking A Flying Leap


Love how most illustrations of Leap Day include a frog. I felt like anything but leaping today. I think the all-nighter caught up with me. When that alarm went off this morning, I just wanted to hit the snooze for an hour, maybe 3.

Probably good I was busy at work catching up after time off. No time for napping!

Ironically, this was Jim's work anniversary date when he worked at the newspaper here in town. Technically, I guess that was only 7 years ago. (You do the math.) On a positive, he only had to bring anniversary treats once every 4 years. On the flip side, he only got a raise that often.

OK, I made both of those up. But for real that was his anniversary.

If you note the fun facts above, it clearly illustrates that this is an important day for aligning the calendar and planet with the sun. It seems logical we should all get the day off. I'm always wishing for an extra 24 hours and when I get it, I have to work AND it's a Monday. Nice.

I could have used that extra day today to catch up on work around home. Since I was out of town I did not get to my "Saturday chores." I also didn't get to some projects I was working on. Got those done tonight so I will be free tomorrow to do housework in the evening or, most likely, go watch boys basketball.

Since I last blogged about life beyond scrapping, the Assumption girls basketball team won the regional championship Saturday and start sectional play on Thursday. Our boys team starts regional playoffs tomorrow at home. I just want both teams to go all the way to state. I hate to think of our seniors playing their last game.

It will make for a busy week as we also have our annual South Wood County Empty Bowls fundraiser this Saturday. Still need themed raffle baskets donated – or even items or gift certificates to be lumped in with another basket. You can drop off your donations at my church – First English Lutheran on Garfield Street – or I can pick them up in my spare time, which I think falls at about 7 p.m. Wednesday. Let me know.

And now it's time to leap into bed and under my warm covers! Hope that counts.


No comments: