Thursday, February 11, 2016

Steady Decline


Somebody needs to send Old Man Winter a message reminding him that just because gas prices drop, doesn't mean temperatures have to as well.

Don't mind cheaper gas, but when I am the only one to crawl out of their warm bed to attend 5:40 a.m. kickboxing class, I really mind the subzero air. Of course, my instructor (aka drill sergeant) made sure I warmed up quickly! No worries there. Can break a sweat in all four seasons.

Unfortunately, pump prices and the mercury are not the only things declining these days.

It's been a prayerful week for my family. Remember I told you Sunday I received troubling health news? Well my brother-in-law Paul down in Texas has been in ICU ever since. To start with, his blood pressure was low, his kidneys were failing and he was dehydrated. The kidney function is getting back to normal but at the same time, they diagnosed walking pneumonia, they found a bleeding ulcer in his stomach and doctors believe he may have had a heart attack during all of this. That would make the third heart attack in the last 20 years. I sure hope Paul is part cat so he has several more lives left!

Needless to say, we have been praying quite a bit for healing, comfort from pain and guidance for the doctors. My sister Rayna also has been recovering from a cough and cold so they are hoping she doesn't have/won't get pneumonia, too.

Uff da. There is nothing in my life that justifies any complaints or whining compared to that. How about you?

Hopefully this gives you something to be thankful for and, more importantly, gives you another reason to pray tonight. All warm thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.



No comments: