Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Snow State vs Sunshine State


If you ever want to predict the weather in February, just ask me what hubby's travel schedule is. Without fail, it always snows or sleets or something wintry when he is off to someplace warm.

Today, as we looked out the office window, the first thing I thought was, "Figures. Jim's on his way to Florida!"

This photo, taken courtesy of my co-worker Jeff, is a perfect illustration of the Snow State versus the Sunshine State. Thankfully, the snow was short lived and the sun did come out later.

When Jim texted me from the Atlanta airport that it was 56 degrees, I responded, "It's 32 here but feels like 56." Later, when he arrived in Orlando, he texted, "76 here. That's more like it." I've got no response to that!

I don't think we'll get anything worse in the next two days so I won't have to beg the teenager to shovel or operate the snowblower. I can probably make my 8-minute commute to work on my own, too! What a big girl I am. I even took the garbage out!

Tonight, though, I took the evening off to go to a basketball game at Assumption. It was the girls' turn for Senior Night. Can't believe we're getting down to the last home games for these "kids" we've seen grow into beautiful young women. Carter is fortunate to have such neat friends! As a bonus, we won the game against Stratford.

Came home and while waiting for my bed to warm up, I got this lovely photo from Jim.


This is the convention center where he'll be working the next few days. Pretty sure Mr. Deck Chair and I would fit right in.

Sunshine State definitely trumps Snow State!


No comments: