Thursday, February 18, 2016

Low Profile


I decided to pull this photo out of the archives as Carter prepares for his last Solo & Ensemble competition tomorrow. He's come along way since 7th-grade band! He's almost catching up to the size of his baritone!

Since the bus leaves at 6 a.m., I figured we'd keep a low profile tonight since I will have to set my alarm for 5 a.m. in order to start the morning ritual of dragging his backside out of bed!

I decided to run into town for the girls JV basketball game just to snap a few photos of our friends' daughter, since it's the last game of the season for JV. I told Carter to make sure he has clothes for tomorrow so I can iron if needed.

Much to my surprise, when I got home after the game, Carter's car was gone. I texted him and asked where he was and he said, "At the game, in the student section." Oh boy. Apparently the talk of a good night's sleep so he can be well rested for tomorrow's competition was spoken in a foreign language – other than German.

Since I had projects to do I stayed home and tried to wrap some of them up so I can get MY 8 hours of sleep anyway. Not gonna happen. Was happy to hear, though, that the varsity girls won versus Aquinas and the boys upset Marathon in their travel game tonight. Nice night for Assumption hoops.

Now to quiet things down and get that low profile going for that low-brass performance tomorrow.

Here's hoping he can sleep on the bus and I can go back to bed for an hour after he leaves! Jim will be home around 2 a.m. so he'll be quite grateful if we can keep the snooze level low, too!


No comments: