Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Forecast: Fair Weather Fans


I didn't want to be a fair-weather fan today. It just sorta turned out that way.

I knew in advance it was going to be cooler today. Like way cooler than the 80 degrees yesterday. Forecast called for 50s and about a 50 percent chance of rain. Still, my plan was to go from work to the 4:45 p.m. Assumption softball game nearby, then go the the 7 p.m. baseball game.


During the National Anthem, I already realized I didn't have enough layers on. Still, I weathered it out and got pictures of all the Lady Royals at bat. Thankfully, they went through the order in two innings. By then, my fingers were freezing and it was sprinkling out. So I put my good camera back in the car and toughed it out awhile longer. The girls beat the other Royal Blue team, Auburndale, by 15-5.

Not that I saw the end of it. I got a text from a dedicated mom! (I do vow to go back on a warm, sunny day to get more pictures.)

Had to go home – I swear – to wrap up some work on a freelance deadline. I was still working on it when Carter came home around 7 p.m. to bundle up before heading to the baseball game. That sort of made my decision for me. I love the coach but, yeah, I think I should stay in the warm, dry house and meet my deadline.

It's just about 10 p.m. and our Royals are leading in the 6th inning. Hoping for a win for the guys, the coaches and those all-weather fans in the stands. You all deserve it, that's for sure.


No comments: