Saturday, April 2, 2016

No Foolin'

Pretty sure Mother Nature played the best April Fools joke of all time, surprising us all on April 2nd with a snow storm. Well played, Mother Nature.

We knew there might be flurries overnight but did not expect to wake up to several inches of you know what. This is not the type of April Showers we have in mind to bring May flowers.

I had to go into the office today to finish a project. My little Honda Hybrid was dragging through the snow because plows tend not to come out in April. I did meet one on the main road after I dragged bottom through the subdivision to get out. Later, of course, it was sunny and the snow melted off of paved surfaces.

The wind stayed all day, though, and it was too chilly to try to get out for a walk. Had a busy day of chores and errands anyway. After my short time at work, I had to run over to the florist and order a corsage for next weekend's prom. Then jetted across town to support our girls soccer brat fry. Went home but had to run into town later to get some goods for a house warming potty.

Or make that party for a new potty, aka nice new laundry room and bathroom at our neighbors'. Not really a party, just nosey neighbors like us and the ones next door bearing food and drink to check out the completion of a renovation project across the street. Had a fun evening sitting around eating, drinking, laughing and sort of watching hoops. Not that any of us cared too much about that.

If Mother Nature wasn't in her psycho mood, we could have done all that around a camp fire!

This weather is getting old!

But not has old as us or me, at least, yawning at 10 o'clock and ready to come home. Apparently 4 cups of coffee do not equal energy and youth. I may have to up my dosage on Saturdays so I am not the neighborhood potty party pooper.

Now if we could just convince Mother Nature and Old Man Winter to take their party elsewhere! No foolin'.


2 comments:

Dave L. said...

I woke up Saturday to find 2" of snow on my boat cover. Boat was already hitched up to the truck for a few days of fishing down in Menominee.

I drove down in sometimes blizzard conditions; still hoping that the weather would clear in a day or two. I will call it misguided optimism, because any fool can read the forecast. It takes a special kind of fool to take his boat for a 200 mile truck ride.

I might end up just backing the boat into the water to get the grimey (how do ya spell "grime-me"?) ice off of the boat, trailer, and cover. The drive down turned my white boat into a bumpy, gray iceboat. The tiedowns for the cover have been transformed into 2-3 inch thick ice ropes.

Some people say that they enjoy the 4 seasons. I do too. I really enjoy summer, but I am not a fan of the other three: almost winter, winter, and STILL FRICKIN' WINTER!

Robyn Austin said...

I hate the "still frickin' winter" one! Grrr.