Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday In The Park


Due to fire – make that a campfire that Carter had and I had to chaperone from afar – I got little sleep last night. So I slept in enough to skip Saturday morning kickboxing but got up for baseball.

Today was a double-header at Nekoosa, with games at 10 a.m. and noon.

Took a hundred photos, give or take, just to keep myself occupied and warm. Just had that cool spring day thing going where it felt awesome when the sun was shining and 10 degrees cooler when the clouds came out. At least it was warm enough for a light jacket and dry enough we didn't need umbrellas.

Ended up splitting the double-header with the Royals winning the first game, 12-2, and the Papermakers winning the second by the same score. Weird.

Did manage to get plenty of photos and was home from the ball park around 2:30 p.m.

Found no motivation after that. Lucky I did my chores last night in case the campfire kids ended up inside. Today there were things I should do but didn't necessarily have to since we still have Sunday. So I did nothing and gladly accepted an invite to go across the street for a campfire of our own tonight.

As usual, it was fun and relaxing. But very, very smokey. Darn wind was sending smoke and flying embers my way. Had to shower when I got home so my pillow wouldn't smell like campfire tomorrow. Not that there's anything wrong with that smell.

Just prefer it as an outside kind of smell – accompanied by smart talk and laugh-out-loud moments with friends. That's how we do it on Blue Jay Drive.


No comments: