Sunday, April 10, 2016

Some People Have All the Luck

There's a difference between skill and luck. It usually takes hard work and dedication to hone a skill. But sometimes that skill leads to better chances for luck.

Case in point: Louis Oosthuizen.

Obviously, the South African golfer has plenty of skill if he is competing in The Masters. Today, that led to some luck when he got a hole-in-one in the prestigious tournament. Sure, he sank the third one of the day, but you gotta agree there was some luck involved.

After his shot landed on the green, it rolled toward the hole, "kissed" the other golf ball in its path and banked in for an eagle. In the photo you can see the other ball was knocked out of the way and his went right in. Usually in pool, you have to call those special bank shots for them to count. I'm guessing billiard rules don't apply at Augusta.

I shouldn't really know any details about The Masters since I was going to get a lot done after dedicating yesterday to the garage sale and prom. But...

I stayed up late so I got up for late church. Then I had to work at the office an hour or so and got home about 1:30 p.m. Watched some golf, took a quick walk with my neighbor in the actual spring-like weather, and watched some golf.

I remembered that I had to run to ShopKo to get a limited item. I wasn't gone that long, but while I was out, Oosthuizen made the crazy bank shot and the whole leader board changed, too. And people say golf isn't exciting.

I just admire what they can do and secretly am relieved when they occasionally prove they are human by getting a quadruple bogey on a hole! Much the low light compared to that crazy kiss shot and the come-from-behind victory by a jolly Englishman.

Some people have all the luck.

Frankly, I am pretty lucky, too. Oh my golf game will never catch wind of that luck, but I did feel lucky today spending time with friends at church, work and walking. I also learned that today is National Siblings Day.

I have to give a shout out to the 7 wonders of my world: (from left) Rachel on Rayna's lap, me on Romey's lap, RoAnn, Ron and then Raylene on Renell's lap. This is taken in 1969, I believe, when several of us were baptized.

Feel very lucky we are still alive, we strive to see each other when we can, and we get along as long as everyone is in a good mood. Ha. Love them all.

I don't need a green jacket to tell me how good I've got it!



No comments: