Saturday, April 30, 2016

Independence Eve

Technically, I don't suppose Independence Day is preceded by an Independence Eve. But for the sake of this blog, it does.

We decided to celebrate Carter's birthday a day early so we could have his grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin from the Austin side of the family over. You know I love to bake, but since Carter didn't care what kind of cake he had, I bought one. I chose the red-white-and-blue design since his 18th birthday is sort of his "independence" day. Not that he's going anywhere. I just had to personalize it a bit and call it good.

The thing about 18th birthdays is there isn't much to the gift opening. A few cards. A few bucks. The card we gave him said we were getting him a tattoo. Like it? It says, "I love my parents."


Time for cake and "Birthday Cake" flavored ice cream!


Make a wish! Unless the wish is for Mom to quit taking so many pictures!

I spread out the candles but he still managed to get them all out with one, big breath. No girlfriends! (Yeah, right.)

A snapshot with cousin Colin, who many people mistake for Carter's older brother. Can't argue that they both have that shaved hair, brown-eyed handsome look going for them!

Colin, remembering way back when he turned 18, gave Carter a scratch-off lottery ticket, which Carter can now buy. Didn't win any money, but it felt cool to do an adult thing. Enjoy in moderation, please.

You're not quite independent YET.





No comments: