Monday, April 25, 2016

God Bless Texas


It has been 10 years since my sister Rayna and brother-in-law Paul moved to southern, southern Texas and 9 years since Carter and I counted down and "blasted off" to our spring break there.

Today, they woke up in their Pharr, Texas, home for the last time and now start their migration north. Not just with the birds, but for good.

I mean, until they decide to move again.

With this cold and rainy spring, part of me wonders if they've lost their minds moving from warm climes back Up North. But the rest of me is glad they have!

Starting this weekend, they will be merely 2 1/2 hours away in Hudson, Wis., on the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. Oddly enough, I'll reclaim my title as the kid who lives farthest away from home (Mom's, that is). On the plus side, I will have family within reasonable driving distance!

So glad my oldest sister lives by this motto:


Happy trails, Rayna and Paul. Can't wait to meet again!



No comments: