Sunday, April 17, 2016

I Heart The 80s


With a high reaching 81, we may have set a record in Wisconsin Rapids for April 17. I know Wausau did, so there's a good chance we did, too. I love the 80s!

Slept in and went to 10:30 a.m. church today. Before I left, I did a 3-mile run/walk – this time walking one song, but running two! Also, before I left the house, Sylvester was already in the window saying, "Places, everyone! This is how you do Sunday."

I took a cue from that later! Brought Mr. Deck Chair out of hibernation. Unfortunately, the front deck had too many hornets visiting. So I spent some quality time with Mr. Deck Chair's cousin across the street. That worked!

Meanwhile, hubby was restoring our living room to a room with a view. Thanks to my 2 black thumbs, I can't grow anything around here. But, for some reason, we've had trees sprouting up in places we don't want them! So Jim borrowed his dad's mini chainsaw and got to work.


This is the "before" view. Granted, it was taken 3 1/2 weeks ago, so the snow is finally gone. But you can see we have trees right outside our big picture window – that should offer a view of the backyard.


Jim carefully sawing the little tree trunks. I had two concerns: One that he'd hurt himself with the chainsaw – even if it was little. Two that he'd disturb a ground bees' nest. It has happened to me in that same spot!

Grateful he only made bit of a mess. Nothing that required a call to 9-1-1.


And nothing that couldn't be cleaned up quickly. We finally have a view again from our window – our clean window (with an accidental reflection). Nice work, hubby! We may need to tackle a few more projects out there before returning the chainsaw. Can't decide if I feel qualified to operate it. I can barely operate a vacuum cleaner. This would be new.

Didn't have much ambition to help. Had some design work to do on the computer, then did some grocery shopping. Somehow I got 10,000 steps again today.

Just another reason I heart the 80s!



No comments: