Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Diggin' Pink


Got to think pink for a few hours tonight. Hubby was bowling so I spent the evening at the Assumption volleyball games.

Tonight was special for two reasons. One, it was senior night. (Got my "daughter" fix!) Two, it also was a "dig pink" night to bring awareness to breast cancer. As part of a fundraiser, they sold t-shirts so I had to pick up the ones Jim and I ordered from players. Since our pink Royals are home again on Thursday night, we'll both wear them then.
 

Knowing I wasn't going to get my shirt until I got there, I wore a pink tie-dye shirt from a breast cancer 5K I ran a few years ago. The shirt had our team name "Hakuna Ma Tatas" on it. Clever but kind of made my cheeks turn pink when I was trying to explain to the old guys at the ticket table what "tatas" are.

Go ahead and say it. I gotta think things through. I was only thinking pink!

On a positive note, I got to see and chat with several Royal moms (and dads) I haven't seen in awhile. And I got a special treat...

Last weekend one of Carter's classmates was going down to UW-P to visit him. I saw him on Thursday and said, "Hey, can I give you something to give to Carter?" He said sure. So I gave him a hug and said, "Just give him a hug from me. Oh, and you have to kiss him on the cheek and say 'I've missed you, sweetie.'" He said he would do it!

Not sure how completely he delivered it to Carter, but tonight I saw him at the volleyball game and he hugged me and said, "This is from Carter. Oh and an 'I love you.'"

Day made.

Week made.

Bump. Set. Spike.



No comments: