Monday, October 10, 2016

Just Passing Through


Despite our purple hearts, hubby and I do welcome other believers into our lives. Well, family isn't exactly a choice, so to speak, but we'd probably pick them anyway.

My oldest sister Rayna and her husband Paul had their first Lambeau Field experience last night. Since they've basically lived places that in no way resemble the Frozen Tundra, they haven't really had opportunities to go to a game there. Now that they have moved up from Texas to Hudson, they are taking advantage of all those missed opportunities.

While Wisconsin Rapids definitely is not on the direct route from Green Bay to Hudson, they stopped by for lunch today as they were "passing through." Since they are both retired, they didn't NEED to get home in hurry anyway.


Jim took them to Ida's, which is like most Wisconsin pubs – good food and unfortunate decor. But Rayna sure liked it!

I had to work today so I met them there and we at least had a nice 45-minute visit. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get! We'll be seeing them in a few weekends when we head over to their neck of the woods. Frankly, if there isn't snow or ice on the roads, a person should take advantage of travel and visits!

The didn't stay in town long since we both had to get back to work. I know, it's a holiday. Doesn't count in our worlds.

Tonight Jim is bowling (substituting) and I went to kickboxing. When I got outside afterward, I happen to notice a jet "just passing through" as well.


It was just high enough above the darkening clouds that it reflected the sun. Looked like a slow-moving shooting star. I should have made a wish!

But I've had a good run of seeing my blessings in the form of friends and family lately, so I'll wait until the next one passes through.


No comments: