Thursday, October 27, 2016

Princess and the P... U


Somewhere in cyberspace there's gotta be a list of the worst excuses for being late for work. I added to it today.

Yup, the old "diarrhea emergency."

More specifically CAT diarrhea emergency.

This is not the first time this has happened when the princess is pining for her king. Jim has been in Baltimore for work since Tuesday morning, so Sylvester is stuck with me. As much as that prospect brings joy to many, it does not to her. She wants her man!

On a typical day, Jim works from home so she has access to him nearly 24/7. Suddenly he's gone and I think she is so anxious wondering if he'll return that she has made herself sick.

I should have known something was up when I was just about to leave for work and ran her food down to her dish in the basement. She always follows. She needs to break her fast. Today she looked at me and walked down the hall. When I got downstairs, I found my gift.

A steaming pile not far from the litter box, in fact.

Texted my excuse to work, fought off the gag reflex, cleaned it up and was on my way. Coming home tonight I just wondered if she was still in a giving mood. Sure enough. Went downstairs and Princess Poops-A-Lot had struck again. This time FOUR little diarrhea deposits.


Gag reflex in overdrive now. Time for the Michael Jackson mask! Because I, too, am a princess.

Naturally I had to text Jim first and make sure he makes that connecting flight from Charlotte to Madison. Do not want to wake up to this crap again. Oh yeah, pun intended.


I wish kitty was a little bit remorseful, but she seems more annoyed that I am making a big deal out of this, doesn't she?

Of course, I will feel bad if she really is sick-sick and not just heart-sick. It's hard to tell. When the princess sleeps 22 hours of the day, how will I know if she's suddenly lacking energy?

I'll keep you posted. And I'll keep the cleaning supplies and "odor guard" mask close by.

Get home safely – and quickly – honey!



No comments: