Friday, October 28, 2016

Not Old, Just Classic

If you ever wondered if Generation Gaps still exist, we've got your answer right here.

Tonight, while Carter was enjoying a rap concert with Schoolboy Q and Johnny Badass in Madison, hubby and I saw classic country artist Marty Stuart in Wisconsin Rapids.

Generation Gap defined.

Admittedly, I only knew Marty Stuart by sight. I remembered his Bedazzled outfits, heels and teased up hair from the '70s and '80s. But for the life of me, I couldn't remember a single one of his songs. Still, when our friends Mark and Lisa asked us to go to the concert with them, we couldn't turn them down. It's always great to hang out friends. Plus, with a band name like The Fabulous Superlatives, you've got to give it a chance.

We met at The Ridges at 6 p.m. to have supper before the 7:30 p.m. show.

We sat in the 10th row right in the middle so we had good seats. And while I only recognized a handful of songs, I was tapping my foot and/or clapping along to most the show. 

All the band members were incredibly talented and sang a variety from honky tonk and rockabilly to gospel. Very entertaining. Great show!


It was nice date night, too. That goes without saying!

I am sure Carter will say his concert rocked his socks, too. But there's something to be said about lyrics you can understand and music that appeals to an audience of three generations.

Kind of didn't mind being part of the younger generation for one night.


No comments: